Located in the Heart of Ontario’s Sunset Country, Ear Falls is a community dedicated to development and growth. Our breathtaking landscape, bustling tourism, abundant natural resources, summer festivals, and world-renowned fishing, hiking, and camping makes for a great place to live, invest, and do business! There are a number of new economic initiatives being explored and advanced as we work with various levels of government, neighbouring communities, and businesses to ensure our community continues to thrive. In Ear Falls we have a rich history in industry and tourism, and a strong economic future ahead.
The Community and Economic Development Committee:
The goal of the Community and Economic Development Committee is to explore short- and long-term community and economic development strategies, providing research and recommendations on:
- business attraction, development, retention, and expansion;
- promotion of Ear Falls as a business and recreation destination;
- targeted entrepreneurship, business training, and events inclusive of youth;
- building community pride, developing community initiatives and events;
- land use and development, local mapping and way-finding;
- business challenges and competitiveness issues.
The Community and Economic Development Committee is committed to:
- Promoting community cohesiveness and economic development and growth in the residential, commercial and service sectors.
- Working with the public and private sector groups to promote economic development focusing on business attraction, promotion, and retention.
- Initiating economic development projects, preparing policies, and related research and analysis.
- Communicating with the province, private agencies and the general public regarding economic development and associated land use proposals, tourism and other related matters.
- Working with staff at all levels of governments for marketing alliances and research opportunities including local area economic development partnerships.
- Working with local developers to actively promote their sites to attract new businesses.
- Developing marketing and promotional materials to attract businesses
representing the Township of Ear Falls at Provincial, Industry and other business levels.
For more information on current community and economic development projects in Ear Falls, contact Economic Development Officer Michelle Hiscox at firstname.lastname@example.org or (807) 222-3624 ext. 1032.