Recreation Centre – COVID-19 Rules / Procedures
We will be opening the Recreation Centre on Tuesday October 13, 2020 within the constraints of the physical distancing and health and safety best practices. In order for the municipality to open the Facility we all need to work together to keep the facility safe.
Failure to comply with these rules may result in your suspension from the facility for 30 days.
- The Facility is separated into 3 areas for the purpose of maintaining patron limits:
- Main Floor (ice surface, bleachers, hallways, changerooms) – 50 people permitted at a time
- Second Floor – 50 people permitted at a time
- KinFit Gym – 4 people permitted at a time
- For Rental Periods, such as Minor Hockey or Skating Club, only 1 parent/guardian per child is permitted to attend the Recreation Centre for their child’s practice time. Other spectators / non-participants are not permitted to attend the facility during Rental Periods.
- We strongly recommend that players/skaters who are 10 years of age and older attend their practices without a parent/guardian to limit the number of patrons gathering at the Recreation Centre.
- Masks are mandatory for all patrons in the facility. Skaters will be permitted to leave their mask in the changeroom when they are going directly onto the ice surface to skate. Masks are to be worn when skaters return to the changeroom.
- Patrons and clubs will be permitted to enter the facility 15 minutes prior to their scheduled skating time, and must exit the facility within 15 minutes of their end time.
- ABSOLUTELY NO SPITTING anywhere in the arena including on the ice surface, player’s boxes, dressing rooms, and hallways. There will be zero tolerance on this rule. If your club has members spitting, your group will be asked to leave the facility and may have future ice time cancelled.
- We will not be renting ice to non-local clubs/residents in order to limit potential exposure to our community clubs.
- Birthday party rentals will only include use of the ice surface. The second floor / changerooms will not be included in the rental due to gathering mandates.
- The Township will not be providing any shared equipment, except for hockey nets. All clubs and patrons will be asked to bring their own equipment for use (i.e. pucks, stability aids/chairs).
- Patrons must try maintain a minimum of 2-meter physical distancing.
- Changeroom showers will not be available for use.
- Please do not come to the Recreation Centre if you are feeling ill or have symptoms of COVID-19.
Stay well and be safe!