The Township of Ear Falls is dedicated to serving and protecting its citizens. Emergency services can be accessed by calling 911. Emergency services offered include but are not limited to:
- Policing – Provided by the Ontario Provincial Police
- Ambulance – Provided by Northwest EMS / Kenora District Services Board
- Fire Department – Provided by the Township of Ear Falls
The Ear Falls Fire Department provides the following services:
- Prevention (public education)
- Fire Code Enforcement
- Auto Extraction
- Wildfire Suppression
- Mutual Aid
- Recruitment-Application Process
The 2021 Burning Regulation Pamphlet is available here. The Township of Ear Falls does not issue permits for burning, but the Burning Regulations must be followed.
Volunteer Firefighter Program
Fire Service Volunteers have the opportunity to join a well respected field and a make positive contribution to their community. For more information on the Volunteer Firefighter Program, or to apply, contact the Fire Chief.
An Emergency Plan has been prepared to provide a general guideline for the Township’s initial response to an emergency. The Plan is shared with Council, Municipal Staff, and external agencies to provide an overview of their responsibilities during an emergency in the community.
The aim of this Plan is to make provisions for the extraordinary arrangements and measures that may have to be taken to protect the health, safety and welfare of the inhabitants of the Township of Ear Falls when faced with an emergency. The plan has the following objectives:
- Achieve the earliest possible response to a local emergency or disaster by using all available required resources.
- Protect health, safety, welfare and property of the inhabitants of the emergency area.
- Provide accurate official information at the earliest possible time to officials involved, citizens and the news media.
- Provide, as deemed necessary, assistance to those affected by the emergency and to emergency service personnel involved in the emergency.
- Request, as deemed necessary, all available assistance and support from other Agencies, Municipalities, Provincial and Federal Government
Emergency Notifications by Text, Email, Phone or Mobile App
The Township of Ear Falls provides Emergency Notifications by text message, email, phone call or through a mobile app. Click the link below to sign up for your preferred method of receiving these notifications.
If your cell service provider is TBayTel – you will need to select “Other” in the Mobile Provider Listing.
When you sign up, you can choose to receive “General” alerts as well as Emergency Alerts. General Alerts include information about community events and activities.
If you’d prefer to use the CodeRed Mobile App you can download it from Google Play or the App Store or here.
72-Hour Kit – BE PREPARED!
Emergencies and weather related events that are likely to occur in Ear Falls include severe storms, forest fires and transportation accidents. Knowing the hazards and planning for them will help you and your family know what to do in case of an emergency. You should prepare a 72-Hour Kit that contains basic supplies to be self-sufficient for at least 72 hours while emergency workers focus on people in urgent need. A list of supplies for your 72-Hour Kit can be found here.